Thursday, October 27

My Camera Phone Will Not Be Denied: Dum Dum Girls at Bowery Ballroom



The Dum Dum Girls are fishnet-fetishist vampy vixens from outer space (California) and lead singer Dee Dee knows how to craft a sparkling pop tune so it was only a matter of time before I saw them live. As you all know, I get easily bored if there's not at least one woman on any stage at a given time, so you can imagine how punch-drunk-happy I was to be able to see these four hot tomales surface from their glitter gutter and show off their legs, lipstick, and la-la's last Friday at Bowery.


Lead singer Dee Dee is so skinny that she can only be seen from this angle.


If I were straight, these are totally the girls that I would have been afraid to ask out in high school.


Gratuitous leg shot.


The only thing that would make this band more perfect live is if they had a topless tambourine player.



If you can read upside down, you'll see that "Wrong Feels Right," the Dum Dum's best song, is weirdly absent from this set list. This is unacceptable, and I'm still waiting on an explanation. Since when do bands completely ignore anonymous internet comment posters?!



And the obligatory artistic blurry shot, the end.